SeeClickFix Job Openings
Join a growing startup team that is connecting 100,000's of citizens to each other and their government world wide. Our data feeds are distributed by hundreds of media partners who use the data to inform readers and hold their government accountable. SeeClickFix is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.
Come join us in remaking the user interface to government. Power to the community!
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we are offering right now:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity - Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company's success
- Each engineer gets the latest gear to help them excel at their job
- Conferences - Continue your learning at conferences and we will pick up the tab
- Health insurance benefits
- Three weeks paid time off
Sales, Marketing, and Administrative
Partner Development Representative
Hello my name is Ben,
I am founder and CEO at SCF and I’m excited to introduce you to a role that is scaling quickly here in the New Haven office.
At SeeClickFix we reduce the complexity of local citizen and government communication down to clicks on a map.
Those clicks could represent a pothole, a blighted property or a parking ban notice from City Hall. They always represent trust, accountability and engagement.
In my 7 years at SCF I have watched our community grow from one of neighborhood advocates to one of governments and citizens working together to improve their hometowns. Bringing governments to the table is an elegant task which happens in many ways.
Citizens calling on City Hall to participate and progressive City Hall leaders seeking out SCF rank top among the ways that we have found partners via the magic of the Internet. Recently we have also started to work more traditional methods of partner acquisition into our quiver. I want to personally invite you to join us in this process as a Partner Development Representative at SeeClickFix.
Learning to cold call strangers was an important part of my professional development. At SeeClickFix I have made cold calls that have led to long term relationships with cities that have a tangible and lasting effect on communities.
I can’t tell you that I don’t still get a faint butterfly before calling on someone I don’t know yet. I can tell you that if you possess the right skills our awesome team in partnerships at SCF can teach you how to succeed beyond your fears.
- Ability to learn and adjust quickly
- Ability to rinse and repeat upon success or failure
- In possession of a ton of energy and a super positive attitude. Think altruistic Magneto.
- Passionate about what we’re doing at SCF (Ask Larry, SDR #1 how he found out about SCF and you’ll understand what we mean by passion)
- A willingness to jump when you’re scared to jump. We only jump off bridges in wing-suits, and with cushy landings below. We promise(ish). Follow us off the bridge.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Reach out to target prospects and clients by the ultimate trifecta of phone, email and social networking
- Learn the basics around prospect requirements gathering – you’ll get real comfortable making a minimum of 20 calls per day to a medley of different folks
- Execute creative outreach campaigns - developing themes, identifying compelling calls-to-action, writing some sweet copy, developing email templates, managing list development, tracking results, and directing follow-up actions.
- Present qualified opportunities to our awesome, hard-working client and field sales execs
- Maintain a solid understanding of our software solutions and industry trends
- Work closely with the sales team on all fun projects that relate to revenue growth
Finally, your role will be evaluated based on the number of qualified leads generated and approved by sales on a weekly basis (like a goal being 8 per month).
Customer Success Support Specialist
Are you a great listener? Do you value helping people? Want to make an
impact and do work that is meaningful? This opportunity is for you!
We are looking for a motivated and hands-on person with customer support experience to join our Client Services team in the role of Customer Success Specialist. You will be tasked with responding to client and citizen requests for support. As a member of the Customer Support Team, this role serves as one of the main entry points for clients and citizen to reach out for help.
This listing is for a full-time position at our office in downtown New Haven.
Ideal Candidates Are…
- Passionate and driven to continually learn and tackle the unknown with little direction
- Dedicated to crazy awesome excellent customer service
- Solve technical problems on a daily basis
- Skilled at connecting with people on a human-level to achieve connectedness and partnership
- Ability to turn an upset user into a user for life
- Prepared to carry weight for others and take on tasks outside of your typical responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to efficiently multitask while retaining focus on the overall customer experience
- Friendly, responsive, and timely reply to all client and citizen requests for support (via email, tickets and phone)
- Coordinate zero to minimal backlog of outstanding support requests at all times
- Debug complex issues with an understanding of our product and the many technologies used by our partners
- Manage and process SeeClickFix.com site moderations multiple times per day
- Work with teammates to ensure coverage for support M-F 8am-6pm ET
- Actively ensure that support tasks are not landing on the plates of other non-support staff – proactively seek to address all support tasks
- Create and promote FAQ content to drive self-service support
- Become an expert in and knowledgeable of the SeeClickFix community, CRM and mobile products
- Work closely with Product Development to identify and synthesize ways the product could become easier to use, more reliable, and an overall great experience.
- Take on and complete ad hoc projects, as directed by management
Education & Related Experience:
- College degree or equivalent
- Previous experience with support in a troubleshooting environment
- Experience with mobile devices
- Able to understand, learn, debug, and discuss basic web technology
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP based APIs, HTML, and CSS, a plus
- Understanding of civics and local government structure, a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines
SeeClickFix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.