810 Chapel St New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Would the City consider purchasing some metal skate ramps from Rampage in Bridgeport to be used first at this location and then be moved one a development is in place.
This would substantially activate this corner and provide a meaningful play and exercise facility for kids downtown. Something that is greatly needed. The investment would likely not be more than 10K for a few ramps and they could be reused around the city afterwards. What say ye City Hall?
English Drive In East Rock Park New Haven, Connecticut
Some locations of graffiti in the park:
Along English Drive, going from base toward summit:
1) On a straight section of road after the first switchback, before the bridge, there is a spot of large bright blue graffiti on the stone wall on the left.
2) On rock outcropping on the left, just past the straightaway and before the bridge, some old white and blue graffiti writing.
3) On the stone bridge, on the tops of the walls, orange on the right and purple on the left.
4) Lots of graffiti under and around the archway under the bridge.
5) Old yellow, white, and blue words on stone wall on the left just past the bridge.
6) On the straight section just past the bridge, purple graffiti on road surface.
7) On a rock outcropping on the left, just before the place where the dirt road that leads to the top of the smaller hill meets English Drive, there is purple graffiti.
8) Just past #7, on the right, on a tree at the base of a gravel path, red graffiti on the tree and the trailhead sign.
9) At four places around the switchback just below the cliff rock face, there are white letters and words on the pavement. Two are new, two are older.
10) In the curve just past the cliff rock face, on the left, there is orange graffiti (a heart) on a tree trunk.
11) Just past #10, there is more orange graffiti on the rock outcropping on the left.
12) At the end of English Drive where it meets the Summit road, there is an overlook with a stone wall along the Summit road. Facing over the wall, go around the wall to the right, there is an area where people climb down just a little to sit. There are numerous instances of graffiti on the stones there.
That is all I saw in this section of the park. I will report on other areas when I walk them.
967-995 Grand Ave New Haven, CT, 06511, USANeed trash containers installed. Given the large volume of trash that accumulates on the bridges over the train tracks (where Elm becomes Grand and at the Court Street overpass, etc), the City could easily install a few trash bins that might alleviate the very unsightly and unsanitary problem. Although a large amount of the trash in these locations is small liquor bottles, even those prone to imbibing alcohol might be proud enough to use trash bins if the City bothered to place them there. Thanks for what you do, Evan Trachten and LCI team.
Thanks! Thanked!New Haven CT, USAPothole at corner of State St and Willow St right as you turn by the bridge which is hard to avoid at times but also causes you to drive around it if there are no cars in the way. Please fill as well as the additional issues under the same bridge of damaged road. Thank You
60 High St New Haven 06511, United StatesAll of the outdoor lights under the bridge between the main Yale art gallery building and Street Hall have been out for over 2 weeks. Makes for a very dark and less than safe area. About 8 lights in total. Probably a Yale issue, but please notify them.
State And Bradley New Haven, Connecticut
This morning an 18 wheeler carrying cars looking to take the 91-N onramp at State and Trumbull blocked traffic until they could get a passer-by to watch if they were going to hit the overpass.
The Trumbull street overpass has no height markings in either direction (see attached).
I'm not an expert on road signage, but I thought it was standard practice to mark the height of highway bridges?
66-88 College Street New Haven, ConnecticutSigns blocking other [redundant] signage, signage blocking lighting, [dead] trees blocking signage and lighting. Extra signage because of everything blocking everything else. This Bridge crossing strip needs re-planned: removing the [dead] trees with non-obstructive planting, relocate or reduce signage from blocking lighting, signage blocking other signage. etc.