Blomerth St & Lilly St Malden, Massachusetts, 02148 - Malden Ward 3
Several houses lost water overnight because the temp water lines froze. We are concerned about our pipes bursting the next time that overnight temps drop below freezing (Friday night, according to current forecast). We would normally have the lines to our outdoor spigot turned off by now, but that is not possible because it is our current water source.
Some of our neighbors are already on the new water line, but many are still on the surface temporary line.
Can someone please update the residents on what is going on? It's getting too late in the season for the temp water lines.
Exchange St Malden, MA, 02148, USA - Malden Ward 4Exchange street parking has become a hazard
29 Corey Road Malden, MA, 02148, USA - Malden Ward 3Corey road was recently resurfaced with new curbing. The problem is that between 29. Corey road driveway and 51 Corey curbing or some type of berm / curbing wasn’t installed to stop the flow of water from going behind the newly installed curb causing extreme washout of my lawn. Currently I have sandbags to stop the flow. Additional pictures available if needed.. Sincerely Gregory Rogers 51 Corey Rd
49 Washington St Malden MA 02148, United States - Malden Ward 4Another prime example of road construction going on and absolutely no notification that the street you’re currently driving on is closed and you cannot go all the way through so you must turn around and go back the way you came. I’m unsure why it is such a hassle to provide residents notification at the beginning of a street at the street is in fact closed.
Ferry St Malden, MA, 02148, USA - Malden Ward 1Ferry Street near Century Bank needs to be repaired. So many bumps in the roadway it feels like a roller coaster each time I drive over that stretch of the street. It has been this way for too long. This area of Ferry Street needs attention.
103 Granite St Malden MA 02148, United States - Malden Ward 6Street dug up for repaving Didn't leave access for driveway Left a 6 inch lip Supposedly by the city notice , that is taken care of nightly ,.
67 Regent Road Malden, Massachusetts - Malden Ward 1A couple of weeks back they replaced water pipes on the street to sidewalk. When laying the cement they left a huge gap between the driveway and the sidewalk and the front of the flower bed. It’s a hazard. When winter comes it’s going to be a issue for myself getting in my drive way. This is the second complaint I’ve made about this issue and nothing has been done.
Eastern Ave Malden, MA, 02148, USA - Malden Ward 7Please explain the newly painted lines in every direction. With the solid lines, drivers cannot even pull over for emergency vehicles. Friends and family from outside Malden are asking what in the world do these lines mean? Please explain
137 Lebanon Street Malden, Massachusetts, 02148 - Malden Ward 6
City/Road construction workers came, removed our platform side fence-supports by leaving a large gap, until then our fence was in:
• good condition,
• neat with out any tire marks or scratches or splashes,
• well supported with gravel mixed concreate along the fence line and
• compacted with topped tar layer with gravel mixture, along the fence line on the platform side , so that area:
○ will not erode,
○ will avoid any rat holes and
○ to avoid any plant growths
○ to avoid tripping while walking etc.,
Now our fence is left in:
• poor condition, not secured to previous height at its ground level
• various damages along the roadside fence
• splashed spots with concreate/cement
• multiple stains, unable to clean by scrubbing and/or by power wash etc.,
• with less support, uneven soil spread below the previous level and look unfinished properly
• gap between the platform and the fence, which was more and deep
• filled the gap with extremely loose sand which is/can erode/washaway extremely easily and will cause constant maintenance issues including plant growth, rat holes, dog digs/trash, water stagnant etc.,
• when a heavy rain happens, there is also the danger of those soil washing out and making our fence ever less stable
• inner side gravel filling were drained out, gapped-out and the fence seem to move/shake on heavy wind
Kindly address these by at least:
• removing the deep filled loose sand,
• lay up with the proper concrete filling on those deep gap right from the fence to the earlier height at least with needed tampering, without leaving any gap what-so-ever near the fence (along the platform side), as it was before(as in the picture) please.
Thanks for understanding and help with this matter asap.
8 Cliff Street Malden, MA, 02148, USA - Malden Ward 6What is the plan for the even side of cliff street? It is November 18th and the contractor has not even started the sidewalk.
17 Fall Street Malden, MA, 02148, USA - Malden Ward 3Any update on when they will be returning for finish paving on Fall St? The edges are pretty rough right now and water was pooling after the recent rain. We had our cars parked elsewhere for the entire week 11/7-11/17 and no work was done.
2-20 Blomerth St Malden, MA, 02148, USA - Malden Ward 3When you need our cars moved from driveways and off street for water project please provide more notice than a knock at the door in the morning!!!