Invite your neighbors and friends to utilize SeeClickFix so they can post, vote, and comment on issues in your neighborhood and city.
Enter a comma separated list of emails. They'll only get this one email and we won't add them to any email lists.
No description provided.
Please allow me to provide you with some additional information that may assist in addressing your concerns:
1. Funding for sidewalk repair and/or replacement is determined by Hamden’s elected officials in coordination with various town department heads (i.e. budget allocation).
2. Currently, the budget for FY 2021-2022 for sidewalk repairs is $700K, up from the original $300K.
3. The total value of Hamden’s Town Aprons + Town Ramps + Town Sidewalks = approx. $10,306,188. The estimated dollar amount of sidewalks needing repair and/or replacement = $4,324,000 .
4. While something as simple and basic as repairing/replacing sidewalks appears simple and basic, you can see the delta difference of budget available verses cost needed, i.e. $700K vs. $4.324M.
5. Due to the above delta difference, a high level of “triage” must be performed, especially in light of the fact that some open SeeClickFix complaints are recorded as being submitted in the 2008/2009 timeframe.
6. In the 109 calendar days that I have been the Engineering Inspector, I have inspected these sidewalks in the Town of Hamden - please see attachments.
7. Therefore, please be assured and confident that your taxpayer money is being spent wisely, prudently, and with great care and consideration to insure the sidewalks in the Town of Hamden are safe and reliable for all residents.
Public status changes are not available for this issue.
Voting lets your government know.
What is this?