Invite your neighbors and friends to utilize SeeClickFix so they can post, vote, and comment on issues in your neighborhood and city.
Enter a comma separated list of emails. They'll only get this one email and we won't add them to any email lists.
This has been reported three times by me for months and has NEVER in this time been cleaned. Homeless, trash
The City of Oakland Public Works Department has referred this issue to UNION PACIFIC RAILWAY,. Please contact that department to follow-up (see "Other Helpful Links" at http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/PWA/Connect/ReportaProblem/index.htm#Links).
Here are some important City of Oakland contact points:
* Abandoned Autos: 510-777-8622 (abandoned vehicles on public street after 3 days)
* Animal Control: 510-535-5602 (live animals) or 510-535-4888 (dead animals)
* Code Enforcement: 510-238-3381 (blighted private properties, deteriorated buildings, inoperable vehicles on private property)
* Drug Hotline: 510-238-3784 (tips) or 510-777-3211 (in progress)
* Parking Citations: 800-500-6484 (parking citation assistance center, pay or appeal a citation) or 510-238-3099 (enforcement)
* Prostitution Hotline: 510-238-2373 (tips) or 510-777-3211 (in progress)
I called Code Enforcement back today, gave them the case number, and got the contact information for the inspector, Randy, who performed the inspection last week.
I called Randy and he informed me that this morning he issued a blight notice to the property owners (the cereal factory) that included the broken, unsecure fence, and the trash. They have 30 days to comply. If they do not, the first fee he can hit them with is $2,600. He suggested I call him back in a week for an update.
Voting lets your government know.
What is this?