At the commercial loading dock on 23rd St and Broadway and across the street at Numi Tea (400 23rd St) dumpsters and trash cans are routinely left uncovered and blocking the public right of way well outside of normal trash collection hours. The building manager for both properties has been repeatedly notified yet the problem persists.
Acknowledged City of Oakland (Verified Official)
Jan Stamos (Registered User)
City of Oakland (Verified Official)
The City of Oakland Public Works Department has referred this issue to CODE ENFORCEMENT,. Please contact that department to follow-up (see "Other Helpful Links" at http://www2.oaklandnet.com/Government/o/PWA/Connect/ReportaProblem/index.htm#Links).
Here are some important City of Oakland contact points:
* Abandoned Autos: 510-777-8622 (abandoned vehicles on public street after 3 days)
* Animal Control: 510-535-5602 (live animals) or 510-535-4888 (dead animals)
* Code Enforcement: 510-238-3381 (blighted private properties, deteriorated buildings, inoperable vehicles on private property)
* Drug Hotline: 510-238-3784 (tips) or 510-777-3211 (in progress)
* Parking Citations: 800-500-6484 (parking citation assistance center, pay or appeal a citation) or 510-238-3099 (enforcement)
* Prostitution Hotline: 510-238-2373 (tips) or 510-777-3211 (in progress)
Closed dletterman (Registered User)