Invite your neighbors and friends to utilize SeeClickFix so they can post, vote, and comment on issues in your neighborhood and city.
Enter a comma separated list of emails. They'll only get this one email and we won't add them to any email lists.
There is no light at the top of this street.
The required petition form will be mailed to you. No further action can be taken until the petition has been returned.
Here is the process. Upon receipt of the street light petition, a field survey shall be conducted by Facilities Management, or its designee, to determine the existing lighting conditions including the number of street lights, locations, spacing, fixtures types, poles, and any other pertinent information.
- (1) An inspection may take place at night hours if deemed necessary to properly assess the area.
- (2) Once the petition is verified, a map shall be drawn of the area showing any existing street light.
- (3)Facilities Management or their designee, shall prepare a recommendation and estimated cost of such work, including installation of lights, maintenance cost, and electricity cost.
- (4) All findings, costs, and recommendations shall then be submitted via resolution to the Macon-Bibb Commission for consideration and approval of installation. The Macon-Bibb County Commission shall assess each petition individually on the merits and shall be required to identify funding for any approved projects
- Roughly, the entire process may take from 3 to 6 months.
Public status changes are not available for this issue.
Sorry, this issue does not have any images or videos.
Voting lets your government know.
What is this?