Invite your neighbors and friends to utilize SeeClickFix so they can post, vote, and comment on issues in your neighborhood and city.
Enter a comma separated list of emails. They'll only get this one email and we won't add them to any email lists.
New backdoor services.
Backdoor Garbage Service is available for $150.00 a year. Your garbage will be collected at your Backdoor by our Waste Services provider. We bill every December for the following year. You will receive an invoice every December for this service. Please call Public Works at 205-444-7543 to sign up for this service. Below are some rules regarding this service.
• Your trash must be placed in the bin in bags. The person collecting garbage will remove the bags.
• You will not be allowed to have both back door service and curb service. However, you are allowed a recycle bin if you would like.
• Conditions for which back door service cannot be completed:
• Wet, pea gravel driveways which are slippery & hazardous to drive on
• Vehicle parked in driveway blocking access to container
• Gate to property locked
• Pets running loose in the yard
• Items in the bin other than regular household garbage
The Difference in House Garbage and Street Trash
Only Household Garbage is allowed in the bins for back door collection. This includes:
• All solid or semi-solid refuses subject to decay or putrefaction
• Tin can, bottles, paper
• Food related refuse from kitchen, bathroom/bedroom waste items.
The following items would be considered Street Trash and a special pickup would be required for this by calling 444-7543 or by submitting online using “My Hoover Connect” from our website (www.hooveralabama.gov). This is available for curbside pickup only.
• Bagged loose grass clippings/leaves, tree limbs
• Spring cleaning, garage/basement items
• Cardboard boxes and/or similar items such as holiday wrappings and boxes
• Please note: Cardboard boxes can be broken down and placed at the curb on Wednesdays for the recycle crew to collect as well.
Sorry, this issue does not have any images or videos.
Voting lets your government know.
What is this?