this house and its owner are in violation of Seymour Housng as described in the below.
Sec. 9-34. Light and ventilation.
No person shall occupy or let to another for occupancy any dwelling, dwelling unit, or rooming unit which does not comply with the following requirements:
(1) Every habitable room shall have at least one window or skylight facing directly to the outdoors. The minimum total window area measured between stops shall be at least ten percent of the floor area of each habitable room, except that when the only window in a room is a skylight type window the total area of such skylight shall equal at least 15 percent of the floor area.
(2) Every habitable room shall have at least one easily opened window or skylight with a total openable window area of at least 45 percent of the minimum window size required in this section except where there is a mechanical ventilating device provided of a type approved by the health officer.
(3) Every bathroom and water closet compartment shall comply with the light and ventilating requirements for habitable rooms contained in this section, except that no window or skylight shall be required in a bathroom or water closet compartment which is equipped with a mechanical ventilating system approved by the health officer.
Sec. 9-41. Use of basement, cellar as habitable room.
(a) No cellar space shall be used as a habitable room or dwelling unit.
(b) No basement space shall be used as a habitable room or dwelling unit unless:
(1) The floor and walls are impervious to leakage of underground and surface runoff water and are insulated against dampness;
(2) The total window area in each habitable room is at least equal to the minimum window sizes required in section 9-34;
(3) Such required window area is located entirely above the grade of the ground adjoining such window area;
(4) The total of openable window area in each room is equal to at least the minimum as required in section 9-34, except where a mechanical device affording adequate ventilation and approved by the health officer is supplied.