We have recently acquired a lot with no parking signs in front. How can we get this restriction removed so that we can park on the street.

Tags:  business, parking
Doug Hausladen, Director of Transportation Traffic & Parking

The first step is generally through the Alder that represents the area. The process would start with a letter from the Alder requesting the change addressed to the Transportation, Traffic & Parking department. The TT&P department would then add it to the next Local Traffic Authority meeting which is held concurrently with the Board of Police Commissioners. Once the traffic regulation is approved by the BPOC/LTA then a work order is created to remove or change the signage. Simple as that!


haha. yea simple. politics at work. Thank you very much for the information.

Please login to post an answer.