You have to have curbside for yard waste, green carts. Bags are not free. You can purchase them @ local hardware stores, fill them and put them @ the curb on your regular service day.
Call 510-238-SAVE (7283) for more details or visit

You could also work with a local community garden and compost it.

Yes I'm pretty sure they're free at Home Depot and you can put them nxt to your green bin

You just put your leaves in your yard waste bin

Recently, WM made it possible for you to have extra green bins of whatever size you need. Or use your own barrels. But I'm sure they prefer the mechanical method of dumping the square bins so go ahead and call WM and order extras. If you have no extra barrels, then buy a pack of bags at Ace Hardware if you have to.

Do you live in the Wildfire prevention assessment district? If so, Waste Management is obligated to take all yard waste that you leave, whether in your own barrels or in the $1 bags sold by ACE or Home Depot. There is a weight limit, though; if the barrel you leave is heavier than that limit, they can leave it. Recommend call WM to find out.

Please login to post an answer.