This month, St. Pete will celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy during Jan. 15-17 with live music, festivities, and the nation's longest-running parade honoring MLK. https://mlkdreambig.com/
Attendees are strongly encouraged to continue to follow recommendations set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Weekend events include:
Saturday, January 15
- 11 a.m.-6 p.m. — Music Festival & Family Fun Day at Albert Whitted Park (480 Bayshore Dr. SE)
Sunday, January 16
- 3:30 p.m. — Interfaith Memorial Service at St. Jude Cathedral (5815 5th Ave. N.)
- 4-5:30 p.m. — MLK Community Gospel Choir Showcase at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church (3300 31st St. S.)
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. — MLK Band Showcase at Campbell Park Football Complex (601 14th St. S.)
Monday, January 17
- 11 a.m. - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade - full parade route map available at mlkdreambig.com
Road Closures & Map
There will be road closures at all of the streets that intersect 1st Ave. S. This year's MLK parade route will be turning down 16th St. to enter 17th St. and road closures will be required.
St. Pete City government offices will be closed on Monday, January 17 in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. During the holiday week of January 17, the only changes to regular trash and recycling collection days for St. Pete residential customers are:
- Monday collections will be made on Tuesday
- Tuesday collections will be on Wednesday
- Thursday and Friday collections remain the same.
For a complete listing of closings online, visit www.stpete.org/holidays
Mayor's Action Center