A Sewer Inspection Permit (SIP) is required to be obtained by the property owner or contractor when working on the sewer lateral pipe between the property line cleanout and the District’s mainline pipe. Whenever you're doing work in the road right-of-way, you are required to obtain an encroachment permit with the appropriate agency having jurisdiction over the road right-of-way. In San Mateo County it is the Public Works Department, for more information please visit the County of San Mateo Department of Public Works website at: http://publicworks.smcgov.org/permits-and-traffic-requests

Please login to post an answer.