State of Georgia
Alpharetta GA, USA - AlpharettaAt the entrance to the complex that includes 12387 Crabapple Road (Crabapple Montessori School), there is a right turn only lane from northbound Crabapple Road. At the same junction, many vehicles stop to turn left into the Kroger shopping center. As traffic is stopped to allow the left-turning vehicles to await safe crossing, vehicles traveling straight frequently use the right turn only lane to accelerate and pass the left-turning vehicle. This is a frequent and systemic problem. Parents of Crabapple Montessori notice multiple vehicles each day, and one parent was nearly hit on her bike by such a vehicle earlier this week. Please bring out traffic enforcement to cite violators and install delineators on the right turn only lane (like those at the entrance to North Farm off Houze Rd) to prevent the problem from continuing. The school has no school zone for speed and no protection from law breakers to keep families safe.
Tattnall Square Park Macon, Georgia - Macon
Even though our recreation rental contract forbids most of the practices in this picture, no violator suffers any consequence because there's no safety deposit required. Here's a best of list of problems:
1. Almost all cars entering the park illegally drive to the pavilion, the area near the playground with the most children. The more beautiful the park becomes, the more families use it, and the more chance that a child or a park-goer will be hit. In this case, Kacy Keene (in red) was there with her child, and according to her, the child was nearly hit by motorcycles.
2. Though the contract clearly states that renters only rent the space within the perimeter of the pavilion itself, this party has simply set up a grill and seating right on the public walking path, effectively preventing free passage.
3. When people bring a bounce house into the park, they go far beyond the pavilion into the field, effectively closing off an entire section of the park far beyond the pavilion--a violation of the contract's perimeter rule. Since the contract welcomes bounce houses, it essentially welcomes a violation of the contract's own rules. Since renters bring bounce houses in on trucks, and since the contract allows bounce houses, the city's contract invites a violation of its own rule: Vehicles in the park violation: “No vehicles of any kind are allowed on the grass or within a park’s perimeter. Vehicles MUST be parked in designated parking areas.”
4. Vehicles driving into the park damage the park grounds. The turf where cars regularly drive has been stripped bare of grass, leaving large, unsightly dirt patches, making the pavilion area look like a raggedy provisional parking lot.
5. This party, like many, has set up a large grill right next to the sidewalk. These large grills are almost always carried in by truck, violating the no cars in the park contract rule. In this case, they wedged their trailer between five maples next to the pavilion. The trees have had their bark damaged already by vehicles operating in this area.
6. The contract states that there should be no decorations taped to the facility, since it harms the paint. But there is no enforcement of this—or any—contract stipulation. Today, tape and nails cover the pavilion's new paint job.
7. This party brought five cars in and out of the park, repeatedly violating the no driving in the park stipulation of the contract. Law enforcement asked them to take the cars out of the park after a few hours, but when the police left, the party brought two more cars in the park.
The recreation contract does not work because it carries no consequences.
1030 Boulevard Se Atlanta, GA - Grant ParkThe worst railroad tracks in Atlanta. The paving is uneven and the grates at the tracks constantly fall in, creating a moat several inches deep spanning the entire road. You can see scrape marks everywhere from cars bottoming out. Neighbors supposedly quit trying to have them fixed due to the battle over who is supposed to maintain the tracks - CoA or the RR track owners? The two times in seven years I've seen them fixed, they were broken again within weeks, and it took years to have them repaired again. We need a PERMANENT fix for this road which sees tens of thousands of cars, trucks and buses across is monthly.
3209 Kelly St scottdale, GA - ScottdaleDecalb county is not taking the responsibility to pave an official county road I called "planning & design" they said we do not have a plan for this road & dekalb county "roads & drainage" said its not their responsibility but I spoke to Mr. Jim McKenny cell# 4042974583 I told him that the unpaved road is forming channels preventing us from driving down the street to reach our homes he promised to pour some curbs to control the water flow but he disappeared & never answer my calls anymore please come take a look at a COUNTY ROAD in the USA, thank you
951 N. Indian Creek Drive Clarkston, GA - Clarkston
Need assistance to get DeKalb County to repair fence & secure gate behind Clarkston Library on Indian Creek Drive. Vandals are coming through the gate & fence and entering the Clarkston Community Center….destroying vegetable gardens and other projects made by the local residents. This past week vandals destroyed a patch of carrots grown by some children!!
The Center locks all gate access to the field during the evenings, weekends & holidays, however, until this fence is secured, the problem will persist. The Clarkston Chief of Police highly recommends “razor wire” in this area to prevent future destruction of the fence.
If the department responsible for county property would like to meet with me to review and discuss, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org . Prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated before the gardeners begin planting in early March.
PS: once the fences are repaired, the community residents will place warning signs on the gate & fence to discourage entrance.
121-143 8th Street Northeast Atlanta, GA 30309, USA - AtlantaLarge water leak with dangerous pothole. Reporting this on behalf of 905 Juniper Condo Board.
1191 Oglethorpe St. Macon, Georgia - MaconRoad construction and closures hurting locally owned business. The Bear's Den Restaurant is completely cut off from normal traffic on Oglethorpe Street. Intersection of College Street and Oglethorpe completely closed for 3 months or more. The only other 2 ways to get to the restaurant have large Road closed signs blocking most of the lane. The signs indicate that these roads are open for local traffic but due to size of barrier and wording a large percentage of people believe they can not continue. Since project began last Monday we are averaging 100 to 150 less customers per day. We employ 21 full time employees. With this decrease in sales, jobs are in danger. We have been in business in the same location for 25 years. At the very least we ask for the signs at the intersection of First and Oglethorpe be removed as well as the Intersection of College and Forsyth St. This loss of business is devastating to a lot of families working here. This business is adversely affected as long as the intersection is closed. We are asking for help as soon as possible.
1373 W Nancy Creek Drive Northeast Atlanta, Georgia - BrookhavenFrom 4:30 to 6:00pm, traffic backs up on West Nancy Creek Dr at Ashford-Dunwoody. Cars are lined up at least 1/2 mile down West Nancy Creek, and twice we've seen it backed up to the tear drop circle at Old Johnson Ferry near New Generations daycare which is 1 mile away. Please check the timing on these lights. Thanks!
1900-1974 East Napier Avenue Macon, GA 31201, USA - MaconI am escorting 16-20 students from Central High School to Tattnal Park after school. We walk East Napier to cross over Interstate 75. Much of the sidewalks along this route are overgrown and, in places, the concrete is broken and hazardous. These problems obstruct walking to where children have to walk in the road to avoid the hazards. These concerns essentially hold true from Central High School to the Mercer side of the I-75 overpass.
Cartecay Dr At Sylvan Circle Atlanta, Georgia - BrookhavenA. Please, can this hedge be removed? The hedge at 1368 Sylvan Circle (at Cartecay Dr) is causing 3 major problems: 1. encroaching Cartecay so pedestrians have nowhere to walk; 2. Cars making a right hand turn cannot see pedestrians; 3. blocking out stop sign.
B.Code Compliance: FENCE & HEDGE at 1376 Sylvan on Cartecay is built on right-of-way causing great danger to pedestrians --- walkers, strollers cannot get off the road as cars careen around the corner.
Crabapple Rd Alpharetta, GA - Alpharetta
On Crabapple Rd, heading north from the junction with Houze Rd (The Silos), the speed limit is marked 35 up to Green Rd.
Cars are violating this all the time endangering pedestrians and cyclists trying to drive/ walk along that road. The side walk is also not complete between Abbey Ct and Green Rd, making it impossible to walk safely along the road.
A bike lane would be a great addition as well as STRICT ENFORCEMENT OF THE SPEED LIMIT
Multiple families in Crabapple Crossroads, Braeburn and Crabapple community would use their bicycles to both shopping centers and school, if the road was not so dangerous!
Students from Milton Middle and High school run along that road and are also in danger of being run over by speeding cars or drivers on their phone not watching the road!
Please address this issue before serious accidents happen and people get injured!
I also want to add that there is technically no "legal" way to cross the road as a pedestrian at the Crabapple (Kroger) shopping centre on Crabapple Rd, as there is no crosswalk. When one wants to cross the road there, one is technically "jay walking" and since there are two professional office buildings and a school located there, there are people who would like to be able to cross that road to access the Crabapple Shopping centre.
A CROSSWALK there would be the bare minimum, to ensure safety and legality in crossing the road.
3242-3252 Ashford Dunwoody Road Northeast Atlanta, GA - BrookhavenThe area between Stratfield Drive and Humility Lane needs the sidewalk completed and the debris removed from the roadway. This is the only section of roadway that has an incomplete sidewalk. Kids, families, and runners / walkers have to dodge traffic and debris to get from neighborhood to neighborhood.