Nhận Thông báo Về
30th Avenue North Saint Petersburg, Florida - Disston Heights Civic Associationflooded bike lane/standing water on 30th ave north between 8th and Grove. north side of avenue
7212-7288 18th St Ne St Petersburg, FL, 33702, USA - Harbor Isle Homeowners Association
Toxic blue-green algae occuring again in the southeast lobe of Harbor Isle Lake. The green-paint-like scum is more than 50 feet out into the lake area. Rotting pungent odors detectable from a distance that grow much stronger as you approach the water. (photo ~9AM, today)
This has been occuring consistently in this area, and other lake areas, (as others have noted online) for months. We are now into a 4th calander year of dealing with these toxic cyanobacteria blooms (2018 - 2021 present).
It's all fixed, according to the City and HOA. There's been no updates since September 2020. What's fixed, exactly?
What is the evidence of best efforts by those in-charge?
The City hasn't done any of the following, and has been sent multiple requests from residents, regarding these suggestions supported by science and engineering analysis:
• Adjusting and improving the efficiency of the micro-bubble aeration system installed in June 2020 -- by means of analyzing nutrient run-off input loading, sediment leeching, BGA build-up locations, lake morphology, and other factors alongside info previously mentioned/ emailed to City personnel.
• Keeping the properly designed micro-bubble aeration system as a permanent running solution to mitigate future lake events and to keep the lake healthier. Just as nearby Renaissance Neighborhood has had since 2016, which the City approved/helped fund.
• Removing the conflicting, higher cost, and unproven nano-bubble system and replacing it with more micro-bubble diffusor heads, if needed.
• Adding beneficial bacteria as a treatment to the micro-bubble aeration to aid in the micro-bubble system's effectiveness.
• Investigating / testing the lake's sediment & fill material for nutrient loading and leaching into the water body.
• Dredging the lake's sediment & fill material, if a properly designed micro-bubble aeration system is still not at its most effective due to possible extreme sediment leaching from the City approved fill project in 2001.
• In addition to the U.S. mailed letters, a creation of public web-page that allows City statements, data, and any other pertinent information to be posted about Harbor Isle Lake and its situational analysis. So, any interested party can better understand what has been going on or what is being planned.
• Clearing out invasive cattails to improve lake access, reduce nutrient load, and to reduce the likelihood of toxic blue-green algae being trapped and its toxic dust residue from becoming airborne -- especially at the city's easement and access points, like at the public neighborhood entrance.
How long does this have to go on without any future efforts to help stop this and improve the entire lake?
11999 Orange Blossom Dr Seminole, FL 33772, USA - Commission District 6road and gutters are overgrown with grass/weeds and rain is unable to drain at all as the grass is totally blocking the gutters. Gutters/road needs to be scrapped out so water can flow to the sewer drain.
12901 90th Ave Seminole, FL, 33776, USA - Commission District 6Road deterioration along sides of roadway in the neighborhood (90th ave and 130th way are really bad) . Water does not drain properly, resulting in standing water in roadway. Deterioration is several inches deep.
66th Ave S & 20th St S Saint Petersburg, FL, 33712, USA - Greater Pinellas Point Civic AssociationStanding water for weeks in black plastic material covering construction materials for home being built on SE corner of the intersection. A perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes! Has been this way for weeks maybe months!
4091 13th L N Ne Saint Petersburg, Florida - St. PetersburgWe have reported a large crack in the gutter in front of our house. We have reported this for years and 3 times this year. Please take care of this issue - water puddles and mosquitoes swarm in summer
14563-14599 63rd St N Clearwater, FL, 33760, USA - LargoThis is a shared county easement behind our house. To my understanding it use to be a creek and the county buried pipes for the water. The hole is about 3 feet deep, and only about 1 foot wide.
415 Tennessee Ave Ne Saint Petersburg, FL, 33702, USA - St. PetersburgObserved thousands of larvae in standing water resulting from lack of drainage in backyard easement.
744 Newton Ave S Saint Petersburg, FL, 33701, USA - Bartlett Park Neighborhood AssociationMosquitoes swarming underneath the carport near the back door and underneath the front porch by the front door. I have fogged and am unable to locate any standing water.
427 Tennessee Ave Ne Saint Petersburg, FL, 33702, USA - St. PetersburgOur back and side yards are having more flooding issues this season than in the 17 years we've lived here. We are concerned that something has changed with the drainage flow because the flooding is deeper and the water is not receding as quickly.
The attached photo was taken today, Sunday, and the last big rain was Friday. We are very concerned about the mosquitos, already an issue in our neighborhood. Also, our grass and some plants have already started to die in the back, and we are concerned for the large pines in our side yard that are sitting in water for several days each time it rains.
1900 Block Of Serpentine Drive South Pink Streets, Saint Petersburg, Florida - Greater Pinellas Point Civic AssociationThis is a years' long issue repeatedly reported by the residents of the street and nothing is resolved yet. The MULTIPLE potholes are breeding mosquitoes when it rains and fills them with water, as yesterday, make the road impassible without giving your auto, shoes, bike, trike a mud bath, and repeatedly damage your vehicles' shocks. .Besides that, it makes this upscale, high tax area look rundown and affects our property values. PLEASE, we deserve your attention and a solution. The macadam does not work and kills the grass it sweeps into, further damaging the aesthetics of the street. The city at one point pledged to maintain the street with gravel, but no longer does that or much else. The last city employee reviewing the situation called the street an "alley", which it most assuredly is not. It is the last block of the main thoroughfare in the blocks long pink streets section of the city and is unpaved.. Our support of Mayor Kriseman was in part predicated on the belief in his abililty to respond to citizen issues. This is one of long standing and we need his help.
3876 43rd Ave N Saint Petersburg, FL, 33714, USA - West and East LealmanWe have a lot of mosquitos there are multiple homes around us with pools. The one pool behind us is not being taken care of water was black pump not running. You can access our yard on the west side double gate our dogs do not have access to that side of the yard.