2616 White Oak Ave Whiting, IN, 46394, USA
Sec. 12-254. - Prohibited noises.
(a) It is unlawful for any person to make, continue, create, assist in creating; permit, continue or permit the continuance of any unreasonable loud, disturbing or unnecessary noise within the limits of the city.
(b) The following acts, among others, are declared to be loud, disturbing, or excessive in violation of this article:
(1) The sounding of any horn or signaling device on any motor vehicle on any public right-of-way, except as a danger warning signal or as provided in the vehicle code of the state, or the sounding of any such device for any unnecessary and unreasonable period of time, at any place.
(2) Operating or permitting the use or operation of any radio receiving set, musical instrument, amplifier, television, phonograph, drum or other device for the production or reproduction of sound, in such a manner as to annoy and/or disturb the quiet, comfort of persons, or operating any such device in such a manner as to be plainly audible across property boundaries, or through partitions common to two parties within any dwelling, hotel or other type of residence.
(3) Owning, keeping, possessing, or harboring any animal which, by frequent or habitual noisemaking, causes a noise in such a manner as to annoy and/or disturb; the provision of this section shall also apply to all private or public facilities, including any animal pounds which hold or treat animals.
(4) Repairing, rebuilding, modifying or testing any motor vehicle, off-road vehicle or motorboat in or near a residential area, in such a manner as to cause a noise in such a manner as to annoy and disturb the quiet.
(5) Operating or permitting the operation of powered motor vehicles between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. the following morning, in such a manner as to annoy and disturb the peace and quiet of the neighborhood.