Invite your neighbors and friends to utilize SeeClickFix so they can post, vote, and comment on issues in your neighborhood and city.
Enter a comma separated list of emails. They'll only get this one email and we won't add them to any email lists.
Lake Topanemus covered with algae
The lake will not be dredged any time soon. While there is low interest money that is available from the New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust, neither the Township nor the Boro have the wherewithal to take on debt.
Bottom line, no money, no fix.
Minutes of Meeting
Lake Topanemus Park Commission
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
51 West Main Street
Freehold, New Jersey 07728
• Call to Order / Statement of Compliance
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm with the Open Public Meetings Act.
• Roll Call
Roger Kane Pat Preston
Neil Herstik Edward Daley
Bob Higley Jim Coleman
• Review of Minutes
The minutes of Wednesday, October 19, 2011 were reviewed.
A motion to accept the minutes as presented made by Commissioner Reilly and seconded by Commissioner Higley.
Invitation from Forrest Brunner, B.S. Troop 155 to his Eagle Scout Award Ceremony
• Treasurer’s report
Commissioner Lau reports a balance of $15,603.13 as of October 31, 2011. Submits bills for payment: Secretarial - $50.00, 2 payments to Johnny on the Spot - $189.00 and to Jim Lau for tire and supplies for the kiosk - $51.75 for a total of $290.75.
A motion made to accept the bills as present made by Commissioner Higley, seconded by Commissioner Riley.
• Old Business
1. Labyrinth of the lake -No report
2. Web Site –No report
3. Weed harvesting – Commissioner Kane reports that he has had a meeting with Pete Valesi, Freehold Township Administrator and they are willing to commit $12,000.00 towards the $24,000.00 estimated cost submitted by Hatch Mott McDonald; a Lake Mgt. Services company to do the work. Mr. Valesi requested that the Commission contribute $6,000.00 and the Borough of Freehold contribute $6,000.00 He states that he also met with Joe Bellini, Freehold Borough who felt that the counsel would be willing to go along with this proposal. Discussion amongst the commissioners as to how many applications might be needed, when the applications would take pace, explanation of how the treatment works and what to do afterwards.
Motion made by Commissioner Herstik to approve contributing $6,000.00 by the commission to the cost for the lake remediation, $12,000.00 to be committed by Freehold Township and presumably $6,000.00 from Freehold Borough. Seconded by Commissioner Reilly. Vote: 3 for 1 against
4. Paddle Boats – Commissioner Kane reports that they are placed for the winter and will be covered and a fence put around them.
• New Business
1. Commissioner Kane reports that a failed inspection sticker was placed on the pavilion and he has spoken to the building inspector who suggested that a letter from an architect be submitted. The township and the borough are working on it.
• Commissioner’s Reports
1. Commissioner Higley – Reports the FARC – Born to Run race will be on Friday after Thanksgiving.
2. Commissioner Reilly- No report
3. Commissioner Herstik –No report
4. Commissioner Lau –Reports that the piles of branches need to be picked up and that the back area needs to be addressed.
• Volunteers Reports
Nothing at this time
• Comments from the Public
Nothing at this time
• Adjournment - Meeting adjourned at 7:53 p.m. Motion to adjourn meeting made by Commissioner Herstik seconded by Commissioner Lau.
Voting lets your government know.
What is this?